- Brand new 1/1250 scale diecast model of USS Missouri BB-63 Battleship (1944) die cast model by Legendary Battleships.
- Brand new box.
- Detailed exterior.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Officially licensed product.
- Comes in plastic display showcase.
- This model does not have any openings.
- Manufacturer's original unopened packaging.
- Dimensions approximately L-8.5, W-1.25, H-1.75 inches.
- Diecast metal and plastic construction for durability and a heavy, realistic feel.
- It is a highly detailed and accurate model, perfect for collectors and enthusiasts of military history.
- HISTORY ASPECTS:
- USS Missouri (BB-63) is an Iowa-class battleship and was the third ship of the United States Navy to be named after the U.S. state of Missouri. Missouri was the last battleship commissioned by the United States Navy in 1944 and is best remembered as the site of the surrender of the Empire of Japan on September 2, 1945, which ended World War II.
- Missouri was ordered in 1940 and commissioned in June 1944. In the Pacific Theater of World War II, she fought in the battles of Iwo Jima and Okinawa and shelled the Japanese home islands, and she later fought in the Korean War from 1950 to 1953. She was decommissioned in 1955 into the United States Navy reserve fleets (the "Mothball Fleet"), but reactivated and modernized in 1984 as part of the 600-ship Navy plan, and provided fire support during Operation Desert Storm in 1991.
- Missouri received a total of 11 battle stars for service in World War II, Korea, and the Persian Gulf, and was finally decommissioned in 1992 after serving a total of 17 years of active service, but remained on the Naval Vessel Register until her name was struck in 1995. In 1998, she has donated to the USS Missouri Memorial Association and became a museum ship at Pearl Harbor Hawaii.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.