- Brand new 1/1250 scale diecast model of USS Lexington CV-2 Aircraft Carrier (1925) die cast model by Legendary Battleships.
- Brand new box.
- Detailed exterior.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Officially licensed product.
- Comes in plastic display showcase.
- This model does not have any openings.
- Manufacturer's original unopened packaging.
- Dimensions approximately L-8.5, W-1.25, H-2 inches.
- Diecast metal and plastic construction for durability and a heavy, realistic feel.
- It is a highly detailed and accurate model, perfect for collectors and enthusiasts of military history.
- HISTORY ASPECTS:
- USS Lexington (CV-2), one of the U.S. Navy's first two aircraft carriers, was commissioned in December 1927 at Quincy, Massachusetts. Operating mainly in the Pacific, she took part in fleet maneuvers in the Hawaiian Islands, the Caribbean, and off Panama Canal. When the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, Lexington was transporting aircraft to Midway Island. During the December 11 attempt to relieve Wake Island, which was aborted, she was sent to attack Japanese installations in the Marshall Islands as a diversion.
- In January and February 1942, her aircraft raided Japanese positions in th southwestern Pacific. Along with USS Yorktown (CV-5) in early May, she participated in the Battle of the Coral Sea. On May 7 and 8, her aircraft took part in the sinking of the Japanese aircraft carrier Shoho and raided the aircraft carriers Shokaku and Zuikaku. The Japanese responded with aircraft attacks, which hit Lexington with two torpedo and three aerial bombs.
- Following gasoline explosions, she was abandoned and scuttled by USS Phelps (DD-218), leading her to be the first U.S. Navy aircraft carrier lost in World War II. On March 4, 2018, on an expedition to the Coral Sea, the research vessel RV Petrel discovered the remains of Lexington approximately 2 miles uner the sea and 430 nautical miles off the coast of Queensland.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.