- Brand new 1/72 scale diecast model of Bristol Beaufort Mk.1 Bomber Plane L9866, RAF 217 Squadron, St. Eval, Cornwall "Attack Against German Cruiser Admiral Hipper" (1st February 1941) "The Aviation Archive" Series die cast model by Corgi.
- Brand new box.
- Detailed exterior.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Includes display stand.
- Officially licensed product.
- Manufacturer's original unopened packaging.
- Dimensions approximately Length- 7.5, Wingspan- 10 inches.
- Diecast metal and plastic construction for durability and a heavy, realistic feel.
- It is a highly detailed and accurate model, perfect for collectors and enthusiasts of military history.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels, and surface details for an authentic representation of the real-life airplane.
- HISTORY ASPECTS:
- The Bristol Beaufort Mk.1 was a British twin-engine torpedo bomber used during World War II. The aircraft was initially designed as a general reconnaissance and anti-submarine aircraft, but it quickly gained notoriety for its torpedo bombing capabilities. In 1941, the 217 Squadron of the Royal Air Force (RAF) received a fleet of Beaufort Mk.1s, which were used for a variety of missions, including attacks on German shipping and naval vessels.
- One of the most significant missions carried out by the 217 Squadron was the attack on the German cruiser Admiral Hipper. On 12 February 1942, a group of Beaufort Mk.1s, including the "Admiral Hipper" aircraft, took off from RAF St. Eval in Cornwall, England, and flew over the English Channel to locate and attack the German cruiser. Despite heavy anti-aircraft fire from the Admiral Hipper, the Beaufort Mk.1s managed to launch their torpedoes, damaging the ship's rudder and slowing it down. The attack was a significant blow to the German Navy and was seen as a major victory for the Allies.
- The Beaufort Mk.1 was also used extensively in other conflicts during World War II, including the Battle of the Atlantic and the Mediterranean Theatre. It was known for its durability, speed, and maneuverability, making it an ideal aircraft for both offensive and defensive operations.
- For model enthusiasts, the 1:72 scale Bristol Beaufort Mk.1 "Admiral Hipper" Attack is a must-have addition to any collection. This beautifully detailed model captures the essence of the iconic aircraft, from its sleek lines to its distinctive markings. With its rich history and legendary performance, the Bristol Beaufort Mk.1 is a true classic of the World War II era, and the "Admiral Hipper" Attack version is a fitting tribute to the brave men who flew this incredible aircraft into battle.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.